Working towards a gold award best practice
The Address Cork is proud to be a certified member of Green Hospitality.. The Green Hospitality Programme is a Type 1 Eco-label as defined by the International Standards Organisation (ISO) “a voluntary, multiple-criteria based, third party programme that awards a licence that authorises the use of environmental labels on products indicating overall environmental preferability of a product within a particular product category based on life-cycle considerations”.
Green Hospitality is an Irish designed and managed hospitality environmental certification programme and is supported by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the tourism sector in Ireland. Certification is awarded in a stepped approach; Eco-label (Commenced), Silver Award (Good Practise), Gold Award (Best Practise). For more information visit www.greenhospitality.ie
The Address Collective strives to continually monitor, enhance and review our environmental goals and objectives in order to reduce our environmental impact as part of our ever evolving ESG programme.
We are committed to seeking out best practice and procedures that can assist us in reviewing our water and energy consumption along with our output of waste and carbon emissions.
We are also committed to finding innovative ways in which our activities can enhance our guest experience in the hotels.
Our objectives in this regard are:
- To comply with and seek out best practice on national and local environmental regulation with a focus on:
- People Management
- Health & Safety
- Human Rights
- Environment procedures around consumption and output.
- To place environmental performance as a critical success factor in our business and add the relevant KPI’s for consumption and waste to our management KPI’s for overall business performance. This continual review and action model will enable us to enhance our performance with the following targets being set
- Carbon Emissions Decrease 5% annually
- Water Consumption Reduced by 5% annually
- Waste reduced by 5% annually
- Through our ESG programme and “Green Team” we will Identify areas for innovation, creativity and enhancement by seeking out and implementing best practice as relevant to our operations.
- Actively enrol in and aim for success in the Green Hospitality Award programme.
- Embed environment, ethics and community into our induction programme while re-training existing personnel on any new procedures, innovations and projects introduced.
- Educate our customers in a clear, positive and simple way around their role in our minimising environmental impact when using our facilities.
- Have regular and consistent reporting structures that provide our owner with sound information on our performance benched against our goals and the acitivties eing planned each quarter.
- Commit through our procurement policy to work with and source suppliers to reduce environmental impact and ensure our suppliers adhere to our commitment to corporate social responsibility.
The Address Collective reserves the right to modify this policy at any time. Changes to the policy will be updated in this page and will always aim to be progressive in their nature.